Missouri Marijuana Laws Made Easy for You
April 17, 2018 - Marijuana Laws
Missouri: A Little Greener on the Other Side of Kansas City
While Missouri and Kansas may share a city, they certainly do not share the same opinions on cannabis. In 2014, Missouri marijuana laws lightened up, by decriminalizing marijuana, which took incarceration for first-time possession offense off the table. That same year, a bill was signed that legalized CBD oil for treatment of seizures and allowed two non-profits to grow cannabis, for the sake of extraction. Sadly, that’s the closest it gets to having medical marijuana in Missouri.
Is marijuana legal in Missouri? Not quite yet.
Current Legal Status in Missouri
- Medical Marijuana in Missouri: CBD only since 2014
- Recreational Missouri Marijuana Laws: Decriminalized, but still a misdemeanor
- Policy group(s) active in state: New Approach Missouri, Show-MeCannabis
- Politician(s) leading legislative reform: Jason Holsman
- Top brand(s) based in state: None yet
- Tax revenue generated by legalization of any marijuana: $0
It seems that the people really want to legalize it, or even just get medical marijuana in Missouri, but there are staunch opponents in the state government. Jason Holsman has submitted an amendment to change the Missouri marijuana laws, to at least set up a medical market, and there are also groups trying to get recreational pushed as soon as possible.
Not in the mood for a Missouri misdemeanor? Check out all US marijuana laws here!