The Kitchen - Recipes
Cannabis-Infused Vegan Edibles Recipes to Elevate You
June 15, 2018 - The Kitchen - Recipes
As more people are becoming health-conscious and advocating animal rights and welfare, there has been a surge in those eating a vegan diet. Combine that with the fact that many states that offer access to legal cannabis, and you have a match made in canna-heaven. Cannabis edibles, already preferred amongst many cannabis consumers and patients, can now be made into delicious vegan edibles at home, either for a personal snack or as a treat to share with others. We’re stoked to share three of our favorite healthy vegan edibles recipes with you!
Baked Walnut Canna-Brownies with an Elevated Glaze
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. cannabis coconut oil
Elevated Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. of almond butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
Other Tools You’ll Need:
- Food Processor
- Lined Baking Sheet
- Combine rolled oats and walnuts in the food processor, and pulse until the mixture becomes a powder.
- Add vanilla extract, cannabis coconut oil, salt, cocoa powder, and dates. Process until mixed thoroughly.
- Place mixture on the lined baking sheet, and flatten to shape.
- Place brownies in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Before serving, mix the maple syrup, cocoa powder, and the almond butter together, and then drizzle the Elevated Glaze on the Baked Walnut Canna-Brownies.
Vegan-Friendly Cannabis-Infused Banana Bread
Baked Canna-Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup softened, canna-infused coconut oil or almond butter
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup almond or coconut milk yogurt
- 3 mashed, overripe bananas
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking Spray
- 9×5” Loaf Pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Spray the 9×5” loaf pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 340°F. Set aside the pan for now.
- In the medium mixing bowl, use the whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the small mixing bowl, combine together the canna-infused coconut oil or almond butter and sugar. Once mixed thoroughly, add the bananas, pecans, yogurt, vanilla, and applesauce, and mix together.
- Next, add the wet ingredients in the small bowl to the dry ingredients in the medium bowl. Mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until the bread is a light golden-brown color and passes the toothpick test.
- Once finished baking, allow the bread to rest for 10 minutes in the pan, and then place it on a wire rack to cool.
Canna Cashew Stuffed Avocados
- 2 large avocados
- 1-2 Tbsp. edible cannabis oil
- 1 cup cashews (rinsed thoroughly and soaked for four hours)
- ½ cup purified water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ clove garlic
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ – ½ tsp. Kosher or sea salt
- First, prep your avocados. Cut the avocados into halves, remove the pits, and, using a spoon, remove the avocados from the skins, being careful to remove the pieces intact. Set the avocado parts aside to stuff later.
- Using a blender, combine the cannabis oil, soaked/rinsed cashews, purified water, yeast, lemon juice, tamari, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, and garlic, until blended smoothly.
- Using a spoon, fill up the avocado halves that you prepared earlier with the cashew cream blend. If desired, you can top these off with cherry tomato halves, ground Brazil nuts, or other vegan-friendly garnishes. Now, all that’s left is to enjoy this healthy cannabis recipe!
Vegan-Friendly Cannabis Edibles Tips
Additional Friendly Tips and Conclusion
Almost any vegan edibles recipe can be made vegan by substituting dairy milk with soy, almond, or coconut milk. Eggs in cannabis recipes can also be substituted with ¼ cup of applesauce for each egg that the recipe calls for. With these tips in mind, the options for vegan-friendly cannabis edibles are almost endless.
We hope that you enjoy making and eating these healthy cannabis recipes as much as we enjoyed sharing them with you!