Gourmet Edibles Recipes You Never Knew You Could Make
Edible cannabis recipes have significantly stepped up into valid gustatory delights. Many packaged creations are already at the forefront, from gummy candies to infused smoothies, offering multiple levels of effects. However, going beyond sweet treats and into delectable entrées is an easy addition to your elevated menu.
Now, you can create gourmet edibles recipes you never knew you could make. Read on for some simple formulas you can prepare at home that will certainly impress.
Make the Oil First
Many gourmet edibles recipes require some type of olive or vegetable oil. These oils have fat molecules that readily absorb the marijuana THC. This is why some edible recipes with coconut oil have become popular, as this oil is higher in fat (good fat that is).
So, before you get up to your elbows in Rachel Ray or Bobby Flay creations, start by making your cannabis oil.
First, grind your herb down (the amount is up to you), spread it on a cookie sheet, and bake at 240°F for 30-40 minutes, before grinding it down in a food processor. Next, select olive, coconut, or canola oil, as your base. Once these first two steps are completed, combine the oil and herb (2 cups of oil: 1-1.5 ounces of ground herb). Carefully pour the mix into a slow cooker, making sure nothing sticks to the sides, and heat on low for 3 hours. Then, let the mix then cool for 5-8 hours. Place a cheesecloth over a glass bowl, and push an indent into the middle, while securing with a rubber band around the bowl edge. After the mix has cooled, slowly pour the cooking oil into the cheesecloth, to strain it. Squeeze the excess oil out of the cheesecloth and discard the cloth.
Your canna oil is now ready to cook with. Here are some delectable base recipes, beyond the realm of ganja brownies, to get you started:
Spaghetti Squash and Veggie Meatballs w/Cannabis Infused Marinara
This delightful take on Italian fare is easy on the digestive system while soothing the mind at the same time.
- Cut the squash into 4 or 5 thick rings, massage the insides with cannabis oil, and roast at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, remove the skins, and extract the spaghetti-like strands from each ring into a bowl.
Sauce and Veggie Balls Prep:
- Combine 1/4 of a cup of cannabis oil with vegetarian meatballs (found at supermarkets or health food stores), diced garlic, basil, and salt and pepper (to taste) into a sauce pot/
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add two cans of tomato paste and one can of tomato sauce.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes.
- Add additional spices to taste.
Pour the sauce and veggie balls over your spaghetti squash, and serve with grated cheese.
Cheddar Burgers with Sautéed Bacon and Shallots
This recipe is fast, simple, and gourmet (and can also be adapted for vegetarians). It is one of many savory edibles recipes that work quite well with coconut oil.
- Mix beef or vegetarian chop meat with 1 egg, ½ cup cheddar cheese, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, ground black pepper, and two tablespoons of cannabis oil.
- Form the mixture into palm-sized patties and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 400°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Add to your favorite gourmet bread roll, then top with sautéed bacon or vegetarian bacon, shallots, and any other condiments you enjoy.
Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup
Whether in the thick of winter or the start of spring, Tuscan White Bean and Kale Soup is one of those hearty, gourmet edibles dishes that will transport you to another realm.
- ¼ cup cannabis oil*
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 diced potato
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 2 cans white cannellini beans
- 2 bunches kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 64 oz. good quality, low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- Kosher Salt
- Ground black pepper
*As far as edible recipes with coconut oil, using coconut oil in this particular recipe will yield a slightly sweeter taste.
In a soup pot, sautéé cannabis oil, garlic, carrots, onion, potatoes, carrots, kale, bay leaves and beans for 10 minutes. Add chicken or vegetable stock, bring to a boil, and then let simmer for 45 minutes, before serving. Voila!
Gourmet edibles recipes using infused cannabis oil may sound complex at first, but you will soon find that, not only are they easy to prepare, but they can also take your edibles experience to a new, dare we say more sophisticated, level. Using these recipes and beyond, you will no doubt impress guests seeking a delicious meal full of healthy ingredients, while still enjoying the benefits of marijuana edibles. Afterward, be sure to continue the feast with sweet desserts, to round out the night in a place of joy and relaxation.