With the marijuana edible craze sweeping the United States like the best thing since sliced bread, you may feel a bit left in the weeds. If you can’t get edibles from your local supplier, or if you just want to save some coin and whip up your own, you don’t even need a stove! Cooking edibles has never been easier, uplifting and delicious all in one. It’s easy to learn how to make edibles without cooking, by following these 3 DIY no-bake marijuana edible recipes. So put on your stoner chef hat and fancy baker’s apron, to get the most out of your marijuana edible experience.
Don your ganja chef duds
Although these marijuana edibles recipes do not require baking, they do use canna-oil. Canna-oil is a prepared concoction you will need, and it requires heat to be made. This is the simplest recipe for canna-oil, as it only requires boiling water.
You will need a medium saucepan, 2 sticks of butter or 2 cups of coconut oil, a cheesecloth (easily found in any supermarket), a rubber band, and a glass container with a lid (like a small casserole dish).
Once you’ve collected those items, follow these easy steps:
- Boil water in medium saucepan.
- Add a cup of butter (2 sticks) or coconut oil to the boiling water.
- Sprinkle in marijuana (the amount here is up to you – the more you use, the stronger the result).
- Let simmer on low for 30-60 minutes (this allows time for the THC to absorb into the fat of the butter or coconut oil).
- Let cool down, and then pour into cheesecloth, which should be spread over your glass container (pushed down slightly in the middle, to avoid runoff, and rubber-banded around the edge, to prevent it from sliding off).
- Throw away cheesecloth and spent herb, then cover glass container and put in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, the fat and water will have separated, leaving a solid, waxy block, loaded with THC. Pop out the wax block (gently use a butter knife to wedge), discard liquid, rinse block, and when you need canna-oil for cooking edibles, simply break off a wax piece and heat or microwave into a liquid.
Stoner Chocolate Balls
Mix ’em up, roll’em up, and enjoy these, courtesy of The Cannabist, any time of the day!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- ¼ cup sweetened dried coconut
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons canna-oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, with the exception of the powdered sugar and remaining cocoa. Stir to blend well, and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and the cocoa.
- Divide the chilled mixture into 12 portions, form into balls by hand, and roll each in the sugar/cocoa mixture. Place on a sheet of parchment or waxed paper as you go.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
- Makes 12 1-inch balls.
Gourmet items – like delectable Marijuana Cheesecake – can all be made without baking.
No-Bake Marijuana Cheesecake
If you, like most people, have a sweet spot for cheesecake, you have to try out this no-bake marijuana take, courtesy of Infused Eats.
- 1 large pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 1/3 cup cannabis-infused coconut oil or canna-oil, room temperature
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese (vegan or non-vegan), room temperature
- 1 14-ounce can (1 ¼ cups) sweetened condensed milk (can substitute with vegan option)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat together the infused coconut oil and cream cheese in a large bowl, until smooth.
- Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the filling into the crust, and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, roughly 2.5-3 hours.
- Add toppings (optional), slice, and serve.
Cannabis Cookie Bars
Say the words “cannabis cookie bars” to just about anyone, and eyebrows will certainly raise when cooking edibles that taste heavenly happens without any cooking at all. This yummy recipe comes from the folks over at Cannadish and makes 6-8 beautiful bars.
- 1/2 cup melted canna-oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (vegan works here as well)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag milk or dark chocolate chips
- Combine graham crumbs, sugar, and peanut butter, and mix well.
- Blend in cannabis oil and melted butter, until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a 9×13-inch pan.
- Crush chocolate chips, spread over mixture, and gently press in.
- Chill 2-3 hours, then cut into bars.
These three DIY no-bake marijuana edible recipes combine easy ingredients, a minimal time commitment, and lots of green love to your kitchen. Now that you know how to make edibles without cooking, you can share the simple, fun, and worth-the-effort love with your friends, as you embark on making some new homemade delights.