If you love marijuana and you love food, edibles are obviously the right choice for you. However, while many edibles come in a variety of baked goods – including the infamous weed brownie – what do you do if you don’t particularly have a sweet tooth for chocolate?
Don’t worry, my fruity friend; there’s a new trend in the Cannabis community that caters to those that love a variety of fruit-infused flavors. In fact, there’s more than one way to get your fruity fix. In this post, we’re going to focus on teaching you how to make cannabis gummy bears in the flavors that you truly love.
Of all the gummy candies available on the market, gummy bears reign supreme. Thanks to this helpful cannabis gummy bears recipe, you can find your way to gummy heaven, with a sack full of custom flavors and colors. Each chewy candy has a personalized dose of cannabinoids, making microdosing easy, for those who may take their medical edibles at a slower pace than what’s offered at their local dispensary. In this way, you can explore what your body can and can’t handle, and even build up your threshold, one tasty candy at a time.
Create Customized Cannabis Gummy Treats
This healthy gummy recipe is a delicious way to get some of those fruit cravings covered, as well as enjoying your THC for the day, in one swift snack. These are easy to make, and you will quickly master the process if you follow the simple steps. To get started, collect the items you’ll need.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Gummy molds
- A medium saucepan
- A whisk
- A syringe or droplet tool
- Plastic food wrap
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cannabis tincture of your choice (You can use high-THC/CBD, or a mixture of both.)
- 5-6 cups of 100% fruit juice (orange or pineapple, for example)
- 4 tablespoons of gelatin powder
- 3 tablespoons of honey, for a natural sweetener
How to Make Cannabis Gummy Bears in 6 Easy Steps
1. Pour the fruit juice of your choice into the medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and gently warm, continuously stirring the liquid while it warms. You only want it to get warm, not boiling hot. The gelatin doesn’t work if things get too hot.Also, the cannabinoids and terpenes can start to degrade with too much heat.
2. Add your preferred amount of tincture and mix thoroughly. Note: You will need to do some calculating here. The quantity of tincture depends on how strong it was made in the first place. Usually, three or four teaspoons will do, but this will vary, depending on the effect you wish to have when you eat your gummy bears. Using good-quality bud will certainly result in a different product than a tincture made with lower-quality marijuana.
3. Whisk continuously, as you slowly add the gelatin to the fruit and THC mixture. Gelatin is notorious for creating lumps in the mixture if you add it too quickly, so take your time.
4. Add honey one tablespoon at a time, and taste as you go. You can opt for your preferred sweetness, to create candies with your desired flavor and taste.
5. Use the syringe or your droplet to fill the molds. This is much cleaner than trying to pour or spoon the mix into the tiny gummy bear molds, and you’ll avoid making a mess.
6. Finish by refrigerating the gummy bear molds for 3-4 hours. After they have set, you’ll be able to remove them and enjoy (with caution). Be sure to package your treats with a green cross, to avoid mix-ups with family and friends.
Things to Note, Before Making Gummy Bear Edibles
As mentioned above, you’ll need either a cannabis tincture or CBD oil to achieve your desired results. If you’re not too familiar with marijuana products, you can learn more about how to make your own tincture. You can also learn about the benefits of CBD oil, to find out more about how your cannabis gummy bears recipe can be a boost for good health.
Last but not least, depending on your desired results, the amounts you add to your mixture may vary. We’ve discussed THC in edibles before, so this article about creating the perfect weed brownie is great to reference when it comes to getting your dosage right. If your product comes from a dispensary, you can also check the packaging for a conversion chart.
Get to Cooking
As you can see, crafting your own edible marijuana gummy bears is super simple – probably one of the easiest edible recipes available. Even if you’re a beginner, you can try this recipe and experience successful, tasty results.
Author Byline: Maxine Samone, also known as The Curly Copywriter, spends her free time curating awesome articles, branding businesses, and documenting her journey on Instagram. Get daily news on everything hip and urban—including the best business practices for up and coming brands—by visiting www.maxinesamone.com.